Frequently asked questions

What is the difference between health insurance and life insurance in Italy?

    Upon arrival in Italy, a student must, within 8 days, submit a request for a residence permit based on his / her studies. Before submitting a request for a residence permit, a student is required to take out medical insurance (Tessera Sanitaria) operating in Italy.

For registration of a residence permit the student also has the right to issue life insurance. And here you need to take into account that there are 2 big differences: life insurance covers only accidents, and in no case medical care in case of high temperature or appendicitis (as an example).

Medical insurance provides an opportunity to get access to qualified medical services at any time.

     You also need to take into account that medical insurance is valid only until December 31 of the current year, even if you purchased it, let's say in November, you still have to pay the full annual cost of insurance and can only use it until the end of the year.

Life insurance is valid for a year from the date of its acquisition.Then it is up to the student to decide what type of insurance he needs. From experience, it is better to purchase medical insurance, especially for those students who while travelling to Italy have health problems (of any type). Moreover,medical insurance, in comparison with other European countries, is not very high in price, only 150 euros per year (life insurance costs about 120 euros).


What do you need to do to enter the European Higher Education Institutions?

For most of the specialties in universities that we offer there is no need to pass the entrance examination, it is enough to collect required documents andsubmit them in time. The list of documents is not universal, it can vary depending on the specialty.


The package of the documents usually it include:

- Diploma from school or bachelor's degree,

- A document confirming the level of knowledge of foreign language,

- CV and letter of motivation.


Each case is unique, especially when it comes to reducing prices in universities in Italy, so the university can additionally request other specific documents.


The process of collecting documents is completely accompanied by us. We not only give you a list of documents that need to be provided, but also tell you how and where to get them. We also monitor the compliance with the deadline for filing documents and warn you in advance how long it takes to prepare each one. For example, apostilization in the Ministry of Justice usually takes about 10 working days, which is why it should be started first.


Next we submit your documents to the university and keep in touch with them until you receive a response about the pre-admission.


As you can see, the admission process is not very difficult for the student, but requires careful observance of all university rules and quick response if the university has additional questions. This is exactly what our assistance is needed for.


This is not obligatory. You are allowed to apply even without the knowledge of German language.
There are several options for this case:

1. Choose a specialty in English. Here you need a level of English C1 or higher. The downside of this option is that in Austria not everyone speaks English, and German is more useful, especially if you are planning to find a job in Austria.
2. Choose a specialty in German and learn it on the spot upon arrival. This is what many foreign students do, because it is easier and faster to learn the language while living in the related environment.

How does this happen. Upon your arrival in Austria, you subscribe for the German courses and study the language until you reach the C1 level. The timing of the study depends on your initial level and diligence in learning. For example, to learn German from the very beginning, it usually takes one year.
As soon as you successfully pass the exam for C1 – you immediately start training in the next semester. The cost of such courses is about 1200 per semester.


Each university has its own requirements that should be specified separately in each specific case.


In order to confirm the knowledge of English language you should have one of the following certificates:

TOEFL: from 570 paper-based or 87 internet-based

IELTS: from 6,5 points

FCE: "C" from 160 points

CAE: B2 level

At the same time in some universities of Italy it is enough to have a certificate from any local linguistic center at hand confirming the knowledge of English at level B2.


The schedule of TOEFL exams in Georgia

The schedule of IELTS exams in Georgia

We have told you about the difference between TOEFL and IELTS in the following link.


In order to confirm the knowledge of German language you should have one of the following certificates:

Österreichisches Sprachdiplom: C1

Certificate Goethe Institut: C1

Certificate ÖIF: C1

The easiest one to pass according to students’ feedback is Österreichisches Sprachdiplom  C1 Mittelstufe Deutsch

Does the Bachelor’s Degree matter while applying for Master’s Program?

When choosing a Master's program, it is important to understand that it should correspond as much as possible to the obtained Bachelor's specialty. For example, you can’t apply for Master’s degree in business management if your Bachelor’s degree is in philology, journalism or philosophy. But if your Bachelor's specialty is related to economics or finance, you can expand your education to business management.


Where do students usually live while studying in Europe?

The most popular choice is the student residence. Its main advantages:

- Affordable cost;

- Location near the university campus;

- The ability to quickly make friends and become a member of the turbulent student life.


Rooms are usually designed for 2-3 students. Prices start from 280 Euros per month and in most cases include utilities, the Internet and even cleaning. An alternative would be to rent a room in a multi-room apartment, while your neighbors will not necessarily be students with a similar rhythm of life, but anyone. Such options are usually more expensive than student residence.


Student work is a common practice and often compensates all or almost all of the student's expenses. Both in Austria and Italy, students are officially allowed to work up to 20 hours a week.

If during the first year this is usually a low-skilled job, after the second year it is possible to find a job by specialty. It gives an opportunity to prove yourself and to find a permanent job before the end of training program.
It is considered by many people that it is impossible to concentrate on studying while working. On the one hand, there is some truth in this, because there is less time left for study. But on the other – it's worth being honest – the students do not
spend all their time for studying, they procrastinate a lot and begin to write a diploma a month before the deadline.

Here is the reality of European market: The one who is quicker, smarter and more able to work – is the one who gets a good job. And most students from European countries do not live with the economic help of their parents, but make their own money. This way they get responsible for their own lives. In order to be more competitive in the job market in Europeit one should put maximum effort into the training process.


In order to answer this question, we have created an online calculator that allows you to calculate and compare costs in Austria and Italy (only available in Georgian).

Calculate costs


If you have a question, you can always send it to us through the contact page.

Or write us on our facebook page. We will answer your question in business hours, as soon as we can.

How else can you get personalized advice:

- write or call us on the number +995 (571) 08-22-53 in Viber or WhatsApp,

- or find us on Skype by login